Characterization of polymers and biopolymers using Size Exclusion Chromatography GPC/SEC/GFC
The main goal is to provide participants with an extensive overview about the characterization of macromolecules with liquid chromatography including possible hyphenation techniques.
Laboratory managers, laboratory personnel and scientific staff, knowledge of instrumental analysis would be an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- What are the peculiarities involved in the characterization of macromolecules?
- Introduction and basics of GPC/SEC/GFC : Separation mechanism, Experimental aspects with some useful applications.
- How to choose the right column? Method development.
- Detection techniques, from concentration to light-scattering detection (molar mass-sensitive detection) and triple detection.
- Calibration of GPC / SEC / GFC systems.
- Strategies toward the characterization of complex products by means of copolymer analysis and/or branching analysis, 2-dimensional separations and new detection techniques, e.g. Mass spectrometry.
- Application examples from protein analysis, pharmaceutical/medical engineering, product approval (REACH and others) and chemical industry (R&D and QC).
Interactive lectures with participants, discussion of some application-related examples
Verena Schmid, Lilo Weishaupt
Tel.: +41 (0)58 / 765 52 00
Fax: +41 (0)58 / 765 58 01
Mail: Send request
All entries of this company
- Validation of Analytical Procedures - Basics (2017-08-29 Olten [CH])
- Introduction to Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) (2017-09-15 Genf [CH])
- Trends in (U)HPLC - Fast Chromatography Today (2017-09-19 Dübendorf [CH])
- Applications of the 2nd-Generation Quartz Crystal Microbalance (QCM) (2017-09-22 Genf [CH])
- Injection Techniques in Gas Chromatography (2017-09-26 - 2017-09-27 Olten [CH])