Light Scattering Techniques for Particle Characterization
The course participants learn about methods that can be used for characterization of size, shape and charge of the particles. Principles of light scattering techniques are covered with the emphasis on practical applications of these techniques.
People interested in particle characterization techniques with background in science or engineering.
- Properties of particles: size (size distributions), shape, and charge
- Basics of light-matter interaction
- Static light scattering (SLS) (shape, size, distributions)
- Dynamic light scattering (DLS) (diffusion, size)
- Electrophoretic light scattering (zeta potential, charge)
- Other particle characterization techniques: SAXS, SANS, microscopy methods (SEM, TEM, AFM, ...), other electrokinetic methods
- Practical examples for different techniques
- How to determine which technique to use
- Experimental demonstrations of SLS, DLS, and electrophoresis
Lectures, discussions, and practical demonstrations.
Tel.: +41 (0)58 / 765 52 00
Fax: +41 (0)58 / 765 58 01
Mail: Send request