Injection Techniques in Gas Chromatography
You will be familiar with the essentials of the three different liquid injection techniques in gas chromatography and you know, what injection procedure provides best results for your specific application in terms of best separation and quantitative determination. Furthermore, the knowledge on large volume injection facilitates lower detection limits.
Users with basic theoretical an practical knowledge of GC.
- Classical split / splitless, programmed temperature vaporizing (PTV) and on-column injection
- The vaporization process in the hot injector chamber
- Injection with band formation vs. thermospray
- Focusing of the initial band during sample transfer of splitless injection (solvent and cold trapping)
- On-column injection: solvent effects, uncoated pre-columns, the retention gap effect
- Selection of adequate injection technique
- Large volume injection (up to 1000 µl): fundamentals and working rules
Lectures, movies and animations of injection processes, discussion of selected applications.
Verena Schmid, Lilo Weishaupt
Tel.: +41 (0)58 / 765 52 00
Fax: +41 (0)58 / 765 58 01
Mail: Send request
All entries of this company
- Chemometrics: Multivariate Mathematical Methods in Analytical Chemistry (2018-09-10 Olten [CH])
- Experimental Design (2018-09-12 Olten [CH])
- Characterization of polymers and biopolymers using Size Exclusion Chromatography GPC / SEC / GFC (2018-09-12 Olten [CH])
- Light Scattering Techniques for Particle Characterization (2018-09-14 Genf [CH])
- Introduction to Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) (2018-09-14 Genf [CH])