Scientific Director (m/f)
EAG Laboratories has delivered expert scientific support to companies working to improve food supply, environmental impact, and human and animal health. As a member of the EAG team in Ulm, Germany you'll work alongside respected experts dedicated to scientific excellence in a process driven regulatory compliant environment. Our new Ulm laboratories are modern, our instrumentation is state of the art. And our business is thriving, creating important career opportunities. More than 1200 people are building their careers with EAG Laboratories.
EAG Laboratories is currently seeking a Scientific Director for our Ulm, Germany location (formerly PTRL Europe GmbH). This position will be the primary contact and decision-maker in regard to content, technology and conduct of Residue and Environmental Fate & Metabolism Studies. Leads the group to implement vision and executes tactical operations through assigned staff. The individual will be required to ensure quality and compliance are maintained, and to be able to effectively communicate.
- Provide scientific and operational leadership in the areas of GLP-compliant Residue, Environmental Fate & Metabolism studies and Physicochemical testing studies
- Manages team in order to achieve expected results in terms of technical and quality performance according to applicable regulatory and client expectations, or other considerations
- Manages client-contracted programs for Guideline driven Registration and Environmental Risk Assessment testing of Pharmaceuticals and / or Agrochemicals
- Manages growth and financial performance of the business unit by driving EBITDA and revenue
- Develop and implement process improvement initiatives to increase productivity and quality, and decrease cost and turn-around time
- Review scope of work and proposals for new and existing clients
- Identify and address technical and compliance gaps with projects and the testing program, as needed
- Provides for adherence to established standards, policies, protocols, standard operating procedures, and governmental regulatory standards
- Ensure quality, cost effective services, which meet regulatory standards
- Ensures laboratory area meets regulatory, resource, and safety requirements
- Performs other related duties as required and directed
- 10-15 years experience in the Guideline driven Environmental Risk Assessment testing of Agrochemicals and / or Pharmaceuticals in a GLP environment
- A significant history of supervisory / management experience is required
- Strong leadership capabilities; openness to change; Interpersonal sensitivity; adapt leadership style to a process oriented organization. Integrates and aligns related site functions service providers
- Ability to analyze complex situations and systems in order to increase efficiency on productivity and to make balanced decisions
- Environmental Fate / Metabolism and / or Residue testing programs
- Effectively communicates in both German and English
- Strong customer and service orientation
- Advanced Degree in Natural Science and / or significant Industrial experience
Qualified Candidates should apply online under Requisition number 17-0102.
Eiselauer Weg 4, Geb./Bldg. 5