Specialist Scientist (Biomaterials Analytical Development) (m/f)
- Develop new analytical methods/techniques without supervision. Identifies, and oversees installation and qualification of new equipment.
- Manages the biomaterials method portfolio and ensures suitability for GMP release testing of existing RESOMER Select products under consideration of quality, GMP, regulatory and validation requirements as directed by management under minimal supervision.
- Draws conclusions from analytical data and plans next steps.
- Supports Biomaterials IM in the execution of standard analytical internal and external tests and generation of analytical reports.
- Establishes external analytical vendors.
- •Supports manufacturing with trouble shooting, root cause investigations, statistical data analysis and trending.
- BS/BA in a relevant scientific discipline plus 15 or more years relevant laboratory experience; or, a MS degree in a relevant scientific discipline plus 10 year relevant laboratory experience; or a Ph.D in a relevant scientific discipline plus 8 year relevant laboratory experience, a demonstrated level of performance and capability as determined by management.
- Conduct assigned tasks without supervision of senior scientific staff; perform assigned tasks by applying general procedures, methods, and scientific techniques; work on multiple activities in parallel.
- Capable of implementing existing methods, assays, and processes to new situations or applications; able to troubleshoot and improve existing methods, assays, and processes.
- Capable of implementing new methods and equipment, design and execute method validation and equipment qualification.
- Thorough knowledge of polymer and organic chemistry principles and theories as well as the capability to use and apply standard scientific procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis and trending.
Evonik Industries AG
Birmingham, Alabama [USA]
More job offers from this company
- Chemical Operator Assistant (m/f) (2017/08/08)