Environmental Engineer (m/f)
- Provide support for the Mobile Plant's environmental policies, procedures and objectives in accordance with the Corporation's procedures and objectives.
- Provide permitting capabilities to produce or oversee the air permit application development in support of Title 5 operating permits.
- Provide review capabilities for the Mobile Plant Environmental Department in support of the audit/review program, in order to maintain support for environmental compliance within the plant. Participate in compliance reviews on a regular basis.
- Provide appropriate information/data as required for environmental reporting for the Mobile Plant to ensure that the Plant
Environmental Manager is (1) continually informed of the Mobile Plant's environmental status, progress and liability; and (2) Advise regarding the appropriate actions required.
- Coordinate the storage, transportation, and disposal of hazardous waste within the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Review the results of environmental testing and inspections in light of air and/or water permit requirements; ensure that reporting, recordkeeping, and other activities that impact compliance are conducted in a timely and accurate manner.
- A bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, environmental science, or a closely related field of study is required for this position; a master's degree in engineering, safety, or environmental science is a plus;
- At least five years of current regulatory agency experience are necessary; the ideal candidate will have U.S. EPA and/or Alabama Department of Environmental Management experience within the past year.
- Experience providing environmental consulting services, either independently or as part of a consulting, legal, or engineering firm is very helpful.
- Extensive knowledge of the environmental laws that impact chemical plant or refinery operations is essential. The incumbent should have experience interpreting and applying the provisions of the Clean Water and Clean Air Acts, RCRA, RMP, EPCRA, and state environmental regulations that regulate waste management, water and air permitting, among others.
- Three to five years of experience in chemical plant or refinery operations in a technical or operations role are beneficial.
- Familiarity with environmental modeling software product is a strong plus.
Evonik Industries AG
Mobile, Alabama [USA]
More job offers from this company
- Process Engineer (m/f) (2017/09/01)
- Senior Process Engineer - Fermentation Process Technology (2017/08/28)