Laboratory Technician (m/f)
- Performs and executes laboratory techniques as per methods independently, following the company's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to carry out analyses.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Recording and periodically interpreting results to present to senior colleagues, results are evaluated in a timely manner.
- Keeps laboratory supplies readily available by inventorying stock.
- Assists in maintaining and operates equipment by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns and performing preventive maintenance. Record findings in logbook.
- Carry out routine instrument checks for compliance and accurate testing results. Record findings in logbooks.
- Assists with preparing method SOP's, validation protocol and reporting.
- Demonstrates safe work habits and enforces a clean and organized working environment.
- Assists the Department Supervisor in monitoring and checking for the completion of all daily H&S checks, monthly H&S meetings, emergency protocol and any incident/accident reports
- Education: BSc. or Diploma in a Science related program or equivalent experience or training
- Experience: Minimum 1 - 3 years of relevant laboratory work experience required
- Previous experience using a variety of Geochemistry instrumentation.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations may be required from time to time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company's Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
Lakefield, Ontario [CDN]