Chemical Operator Trainee
- Calculating ratios, percentages and other math functions.
- Automatic and manual charging, sampling and controlling multiple reaction and process vessels.
- Transferring materials from rail cars, tank trucks and other containers to storage tanks, packaging finished products as directed.
- Handling hazardous materials safely.
- Accurate recordkeeping on paper forms as well as on computer based systems.
- Provide shift relief communication through oral or written means.
- High-school education or equivalent; vocational training or job-related course work preferred.
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience in a chemical plant preferred.
- Ability to understand and operate a distributed process control system, personal computer and associated software systems.
- Ability to demonstrate basic math skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out routine verbal and written instructions.
Evonik Industries AG
Hopewell, Virginia [USA]