Application Development Engineer (m/f)
- Develop/modify compound formulations when existing product portfolio does not meet customer application requirements. Support introduction of these products to the launch stage.
- Provide technical support to customers processing High Performance Polymers, with focus on injection molding applications
- Support Marketing group in identifying products within the existing product portfolio that meet customer application requirements and support introduction of such products all the way to the launch of such applications.
- Responsible for Safety, Loss Prevention, Environmental Protection, Industrial Hygiene and Facility Functionality in assigned areas
- M.S. or PhD degree in Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Chemistry or a similar science degree, with an excellent technical base in polymer science
- 5 - 10 years of industrial experience in compound formulation and product application development most preferably with engineering polymers.
- Excellent understanding of polymer additives, formulations and testing. High temperature polymer experience a plus.
- Excellent understanding of polymer processing in general, with focus on injection molding. Knowledge of other polymer processing techniques (e.g. extrusion) is a plus.
- Customer interaction experience with a technical understanding of customer end-use application processes and material requirements.
Evonik Industries AG
Lafayette, Indiana [USA]