Senior Scientist Sequencing (m/f)
- Degree in Biological / Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field (Advanced degree is a plus)
- Bachelors with 4 years relevant industry experience, Masters with 2 years of industry experience, or PhD with 1 year industry experience
- Must have a mastery-level understanding of next-generation sequencing technology. Direct experience with NGS based workflows including library preparation, target enrichment and sequencing is highly preferred. Hands-on experience in working with tumor tissue samples (such as FFPE tissue) and automation is a plus.
- Must have a strong data analysis and interpretation skill. NGS data analysis experience is a plus.
- IVD and RUO assay development experience is desirable. Basic understanding and knowledge of cancer biology is a plus.
- Designs, plans and conducts assigned research and / or development-related experiments / studies utilizing established and innovative procedures. Assumes responsibility for timely completion of experiments.
- Troubleshoots and resolves difficult problems in creative ways by taking a new perspective on existing solutions, exploring and implementing new concepts and methodologies.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks. Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions and implements/documents process improvements. Integrates previous and current results to determine next experimental steps.
- Participates in development activities including technical verification and validation studies. May serves as a resource to other departments (e.g., Manufacturing / Operations, Quality, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical/Medical Affairs, and Global Customer Support), provides timely response and follow-ups.
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
68305 Pleasanton, California [USA]