Project Engineer (m/f)
- Provide project engineering services required to prepare and submit Capital Appropriations Requests. This includes project scopes, schedules, estimates and financial justifications.
- Implement and manage assigned projects such that schedule, costs and scope of project are successfully accomplished.
- Monitor, track and report project critical success factors as required to satisfy project goals and management requests.
- Work with plant operations and maintenance to ensure optimal project success with commonality of spares, use of similar equipment (as applicable), and ensure training is performed for new equipment installation.
- Work with procurement to identify, select and manage outside contractors suited to perform the required work. Ensure quality work is completed in a timely and safe manner by supervising contract workforce and performing housekeeping and safety inspections.
- Select best-suited process equipment for applications by meeting with vendors, running trials and staying current on new technology.
- Assist production with new or modified equipment and processes through training, written operating procedures and trial runs.
- Provide technical expertise required in assigned area of expertise in order to assure operations are set up and maintained according to Huber Principles and Statutory Requirements.
- Ensure EH&S policy and procedure as it relates to capital projects are followed and documented. This includes strict adherence to change management, risk assessments, and method statements.
- A minimum of a 4 year Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil or Chemical Engineering or other applicable degree plus 4-8 years experience working in a production or engineering environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, plan, organize and document project requirements. Proven track record of success participating in or managing capital projects.
- Knowledge of plant processing and equipment, familiar with multi engineering disciplines, and ability to use spreadsheets, scheduling and word processing software.
- P.E. license is a plus.
Evonik Industries AG
Etowah, Tennessee [USA]