Application Engineer (m/f)
The Applications Scientist in the Small DualBeam (SDB) applications team is responsible for providing technical expertise in the support of Thermo Fisher Scientific's Americas sales efforts at specific customer sites.
- Perform high quality SDB product demonstrations, including the development of new techniques and applications for Thermo Fisher Scientific partners and customers, particularly those in the Semiconductor marketplace.
- Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions.
- Technical product expert assisting with all phases of the sales cycle.
- Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth technical presentations, and assisting in applications development.
- Customer support and applications training post sales cycle and after instrument has been installed.
- Provide continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and potential problems while collaborating with marketing/development groups on future product developments.
- Typically requires a University degree in Materials Science, Chemistry and or Physics, an advanced degree is preferred.
- Knowledge and recent hands-on experience with DualBeam is required.
- 3 or more years of experience in a relevant position within the research environment with recent experience utilizing SDB technology.
- Knowledge of advanced technology diagnostics as well as troubleshooting techniques, operational optimization, and experience of analytical equipment; specifically electron/ion microscopes.
- Ability to travel both domestically internationally (up to 50%), possession of a valid passport.