Sr Scientist / Sr Process Chemist (m/f)
- Develop lab models from customer packages
- Rapidly assimilate the information available in customer data packages into a representative laboratory procedure
- Identify potential gaps or opportunities in the customer data package and provide concise and accurate analysis to the Project Manager.
- Effectively communicate with customer technical resources as needed to ask critical questions and make process suggestions to increase process knowledge and design control.
- Design and oversee or perform critical experiments.
- Perform and/or interpret the results of applicable analytical methods (minimum competency HPLC, GC, NMR 1H and 13C) to support lab model development.
- Design experiments that maximize data return for experiments during the time critical new process introduction
- Support equipment cleaning by providing solubility data and required cleaning limits as appropriate.
- Coordinate with the Project Managers to develop and track project schedules.
- Participate as part of the process team to develop the final process design as the process chemistry expert to ensure that the final design meets all expectations of the customer data package.
- Prepare critical documents (e.g. Change Control, process transfer reports, etc) to allow for an efficient process installation.
- Utilize process laboratory models and provide technical expertise to support the resolution of production scale upsets and the execution of process changes.
- Reliably be able to execute existing laboratory models on short notice.
- Design efficient experiments to provide insight into the possible impact and causes of the production scale upset.
- Communicate with the process team to provide results of the investigation and contribute to deviation documentation.
- Identify potential process improvements that could generate Evonik intellectual property.
- Design and execute appropriate experimentation to support the process improvement and secure the potential IP Provide documentation of laboratory activities
- Provide concise, accurate and complete reports of laboratory experimentation.
- Provide operations with accurate and detailed process descriptions to support the creation of manufacturing instructions that accurately reflect customer requirements.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks to a sufficient standard to support potential IP claims
- Participate as the process chemistry expert in the performance of process hazard assessments.
- MS or Ph.D. in relevant scientific discipline with 5 years industrial experience orequivalent
- Fundamental understanding of Organic chemistry
- Demonstrated laboratory skills and technical expertise
- Ability to work non-core hours to support 24/7 mfg operations
- Proficient at the use of MS Office
Evonik Industries AG
Lafayette, Indiana [USA]
More job offers from this company
- Chemical Operator (m/f) (2018/06/20)