Data Scientist / Chemometrician for wine project (m/f)
Your main responsibility will be to develop new chemometric applications and evaluate new solutions within the wine segment. You will be responsible for the data analysis in the project, both with respect to data analysis and algorithmic development within the instrument, and with respect to the application development. Coordination and problem solving in close collaboration with other project team members is part of your daily work. Some travel activity in relation to customer vistis can be expected.
You hold an M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant engineering discipline, food science, chemistry, chemometrics or similar, and have qualifications within the following areas:
- Chemometric modelling including multivariate regression techniques (e.g. PLS, ANN) and multivariate exploratory methods (e.g. PCA)
- Skilled Matlab user including use of toolboxes for data analysis
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience with, mid-infrared spectroscopy
- Keen interest in analysis of wine and in developing real-life food/agri applications to benefit FOSS customers
- It is a prerequisite that you are fluent in English.