Sample Preparation Technician (m/f)
The Sample Preparation technician is responsible for performing routine sorting, transferring, drying, crushing, pulverising and screening of geological materials in accordance with client work order instructions and laboratory quality guidelines and procedures.
- Unpack, sort, transfer and dry samples
- Execute and perform crushing, pulverising and screening of geological materials as per SGS' Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct routine quality checks including particle size analysis, dust loss and report data immediately to the Supervisor or group leader if results are outside of acceptability parameters.
- Ensure that work order documentation is complete in every respect and QC results are entered into SLIMS as necessary.
- Maintain clean and organized workbench area ensuring spills are immediately cleaned; disposal is according to laboratory procedures including any special requirements for handling international soils.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in good order making the Supervisor or group leader aware of any damaged or defective equipment or any equipment requiring adjustment i.e. pulverising time or crushers gapping.
- Keep all records and notebooks in good order including work order and equipment maintenance logs .
- May be asked to work in other areas of the Geochemistry laboratory sections when required.
- 0 - 1 years of relevant work experience required or equivalent experience through education.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations or client location may be required.