Laboratory Technician (Remote Mine Site)
The Technician is responsible for fulfilling routine Geochemistry analytical testing, analysis and basic skills of instrument operations.
- Follow specified work instructions and laboratory quality guidelines and procedures under the direction of the area Supervisor.
- Perform and execute laboratory techniques to carry out analyses.
- Document information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Record and periodically interpret results to present to senior colleagues.
- Keep laboratory supplies readily available by inventorying stock.
- Assist in maintaining and operating equipment by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns and performing preventive maintenance. Record findings in logbook.
- Carry out routine instrument checks for compliance and accurate testing results. Record findings in logbooks.
- Assist with preparing method SOP's, validation protocols and reporting.
- Demonstrate safe work habits and enforce a clean and organized working environment.
- Assist the Department Supervisor in monitoring and checking for the completion of all daily H&S checks, monthly H&S meetings, emergency protocol and any incident/accident reports
- Must be legally eligible to work for an employer in Canada without sponsorship.
- Degree or Diploma in a Science related program (or equivalent experience or training).
- Must have 1 - 3 years of laboratory work experience
- Previous experience using Geochemistry instrumentation.
Please note that this position is a 3 week on / 3 weeks off schedule. Candidates need to be based in Edmonton, AB and will Fly In / Fly Out from YEG.