Chemist I - 2nd Shift (m/f/d)
This position performs analyses, inspection, and testing of products, raw materials, in-process materials, release test samples, stability samples, or packaging materials. Performs qualitative and quantitative assays on samples, to ensure quality standards and compliance with company standards, customer and governmental regulatory requirements, and product specifications for the chemical or physical properties.
Uses approved Test Methods, Protocols, Procedures (SOP's) and Corporate Policies while maintaining adherence to current industry standards. Employs variety of analytical techniques that vary from standard analytical equipment to highly modern and automated instrumentation, aides in maintenance and certification of test instruments and apparatus to ensure compliance. May be involved or responsible for performing Laboratory Investigations, Change Controls, audit/review of laboratory data, implementing CAPA, Planning and scheduling laboratory activities, and coordinating process improvements.
- BS/BA in Chemistry, or BS in a Related Science
- Minimum 0 - 1 year in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment.
- Must possess knowledge regarding various tests and wet chemistry that pertain to Finished Product analyses (depending on assigned product line, some or all of the following would apply - Viscosity, Thin Layer Chromatography, various forms of "Limit Tests", etc.)
- Knowledge of cGMP's.
- Knowledge of compendia procedures where applicable (i.e., USP, NF, BP, etc.).
- Proficiency Empower software and Microsoft Office- Word and Excel.