Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Provider of Sample Extraction and Liquid Chromatography Equipment
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced it has acquired Massachusetts-based Cohesive Technologies Inc., a manufacturer of advanced sample extraction and liquid chromatography products. Cohesive has annual revenues of approximately $15 million.
The Cohesive product line enhances the company's Thermo Scientific-branded portfolio by adding in-line sample preparation capabilities that couple with mass spectrometry technology to create end-to-end workflow solutions for drug and other organic molecule analyses. These new capabilities will significantly improve sample throughput and increase detection limits during LC/MS/MS analysis for customers in the pharmaceutical, clinical, environmental and food science industries.
"Cohesive's sample preparation technologies will strengthen our ability to offer customers the advanced tools they need to accelerate research and discovery and to provide them with higher-quality analytical information," said Marijn E. Dekkers, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "We look forward to integrating Cohesive into Thermo Fisher Scientific, and to making their sample preparation capabilities available to customers worldwide through our global sales channels."
Source: Thermo Fisher Scientific
- High-Pressure Ion Chromatography System Delivers New Levels of Simplicity and Flexibility (02/11/2016)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Life Technologies Corporation (02/06/2014)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Sells its Cell Culture, Gene Modulation and Magnetic Beads Businesses to GE Healthcare (01/08/2014)
- Patent for Multidimensional Chromatography Apparatus and Method for 2-D Ion Chromatography (05/08/2012)
- Dr. J. Sabine Becker Wins 2012 Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry (02/17/2012)