Agilent Acquires Chemiluminescence Product Line from General Electric, Including Market-Leading Sulfur Detector
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it has acquired the chemiluminescence product line - including a market-leading sulfur detector and a nitrogen detector - from GE Analytical Instruments, a division of GE Water & Process Technologies. Agilent will offer the acquired products as add-ons to its gas chromatographs (GC).
The acquisition includes intellectual property, sales, marketing and manufacturing assets. Financial details were not disclosed.
The Sievers 355 Sulfur Chemiluminescence Detector (SCD) and Sievers 255 Nitrogen Chemiluminescence Detector (NCD) products will be integrated into Agilent's Chemical Analysis Solutions unit within its Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis business.
The newly acquired product line is targeted to the energy and petrochemical industries. Sulfur detection is one of the fastest growing sub-segments in the petrochemical market based largely on increasing regulation of sulfur monitoring in fuels worldwide. Growth in Asia is outpacing the rest of the world market.
The SCD and NCD detectors expand the portfolio of sulfur and nitrogen measurement offerings that Agilent currently provides such as: the flame photometric detector (FPD) and the nitrogen phosphorus detector (NPD).
"The Sievers 355 SCD is widely recognized as the market leader in sulfur detection," said Shanya Kane, Agilent vice president and general manager of GC and Workflow Automation Systems. "With this acquisition, Agilent is pleased to be able to offer this important, complementary sulfur solution to our customers."
Source: Agilent Technologies
- Agilent Opens Spectroscopy Technology Innovation Center (09/04/2013)
- Agilent to Acquire Dako for $2.2 Billion (05/25/2012)
- Agilent Technologies Awards 2011 Russell Varian Prize for Innovation in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (10/04/2011)
- Agilent Technologies Acquires Lab901 to Expand Electrophoresis Portfolio for Molecular Biology Applications (03/08/2011)
- Agilent Opens Global Manufacturing Facility for Life Sciences Instruments (11/05/2010)