Collaboration agreement between IRMM and NIST/CSTL
A collaboration agreement was signed between the JRC Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements and the Chemical Science and Technology Laboratory (CSTL) of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (USA) in Geel, Belgium. The agreement will advance the development and availability of international measurement standards in the fields of chemistry, life sciences, and emerging technologies.
In practise the agreement means that the two organisations will be able to better coordinate their research and development programmes in metrology. This will include co-operative research on modern measurements and their quality assurance, and technical co-operation in the preparation and characterisation of reference materials. They will also be able to share resources and to harmonise views within international metrology bodies where both organisations carry responsibilities in relation to chemical metrology, bio-metrology, and international measurement standards.
- New information system on raw materials (04/10/2015)
- Highly accurate method to enhance reliability in the analysis of aflatoxins in cereal-based baby food (08/01/2014)
- JRC report reviews measurement methods for nanoparticle sizing (10/02/2012)
- Towards international measurement standards for biofuels (05/25/2011)
- First certified reference material for real-world nanoparticle size analysis (02/22/2011)