PerkinElmer Acquires Thermal Analysis Product Line from Triton Technology
PerkinElmer, Inc. announced the acquisition of a line of Dynamic Mechanical Analysis (DMA) products from UK-based Triton Technology Ltd. The DMA instrument is used by scientists in the polymers, pharmaceuticals and food industries for diverse applications ranging from simple quality control to advanced research.
"This acquisition brings our customers a best-in-class thermal analysis tool that combines ease-of-use and flexibility with powerful performance," said Robert F. Friel, president of PerkinElmer Life and Analytical Sciences. "The new DMA 8000 represents the type of novel, next-generation technology we are investing in to continually provide solutions to customers that enable them to advance the pace and precision of their research and testing."
"We believe that this transaction will allow our DMA technology to flourish in the very capable hands of PerkinElmer, while releasing resources within Triton Technology Ltd. allowing us to bring forward the development of radical new technology for the QA/QC of polymeric materials," said Glynn Van-de-Velde, director, Triton Technology Ltd. "Triton Technology will work very closely with PerkinElmer to ensure a smooth transition of the technology to the benefit of both existing and new customers alike."
Source: PerkinElmer Instruments
More news from this company
- PerkinElmer to Acquire Caliper Life Sciences (09/12/2011)
- PerkinElmer Acquires Labtronics Inc. (05/24/2011)
- PerkinElmer Acquires chemagen Biopolymer-Technologie AG (02/15/2011)
- PerkinElmer Combines Speed and Sensitivity in New FlexarTM SQ 300 MS Single-Quad LC/MS Detection System (08/06/2010)
- PerkinElmer to Acquire VisEn Medical, Inc. (08/04/2010)