Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Leading Chromatography Consumables Provider, La-Pha-Pack
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. announced it has acquired La-Pha-Pack, a leading manufacturer and provider of chromatography consumables and related accessories, based in Langerwehe, Germany. With revenues of approximately $25 million, La-Pha-Pack will allow Thermo Fisher to offer customers an expanded line of chromatography consumable products through broad geographic coverage in Europe.
"La-Pha-Pack is well-known in Europe for its breadth of product portfolio, fast order turnaround and strong customer support," said Marijn E. Dekkers, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "This acquisition will significantly strengthen our chromatography offering in Europe by complementing our existing specialty brand, Chromacol, which is manufactured in the U.K. Additionally, we expect to take advantage of La-Pha- Pack's highly automated manufacturing and assembly processes to improve our production capabilities and deliver high-quality consumable products to customers more efficiently than ever before."
La-Pha-Pack will be integrated into Thermo Fisher Scientific's laboratory consumables business, which is part of its Laboratory Products and Services Segment.
Source: Thermo Fisher Scientific
More news from this company
- High-Pressure Ion Chromatography System Delivers New Levels of Simplicity and Flexibility (02/11/2016)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Life Technologies Corporation (02/06/2014)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Sells its Cell Culture, Gene Modulation and Magnetic Beads Businesses to GE Healthcare (01/08/2014)
- Patent for Multidimensional Chromatography Apparatus and Method for 2-D Ion Chromatography (05/08/2012)
- Dr. J. Sabine Becker Wins 2012 Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry (02/17/2012)