Invitrogen and BioTek Instruments Announce Strategic Collaboration
Invitrogen Corporation, a provider of essential life science technologies for research, production and diagnostics, and BioTek Instruments, Inc., a leader in microplate instrumentation technology, have entered into a collaboration agreement to validate the compatibility of Invitrogen's reagents and technology platforms with BioTek's microplate detection instruments.
"Through this partnership, drug discovery researchers will be able to obtain integrated instrumentation and reagent solutions, thereby removing the frustration of discovering that the biological assay system they have chosen is not compatible with the instrumentation and vice versa," said John Printen, director of Invitrogen's Cell Signaling business segment. "The pharmaceutical research scientist is increasingly under pressure to complete projects faster and this partnership is designed to save the customer valuable time and resources."
"Each company has a respective strength; and BioTek's expertise in microplate technology matches perfectly with Invitrogen's advanced assay platforms," said Gary Barush, Director of Marketing and Sales for BioTek Instruments. "This partnership enables us to offer superior support beyond that of our instruments, gain a better understanding of customer needs, and partner with them to problem-solve drug discovery applications."
Source: BioTek Instruments GmbH
- BioTek Receives Frost & Sullivan Award (12/09/2011)
- BioTek Instruments Expands into Switzerland (01/22/2010)
- Introducing Scientifically Speaking - A Microplate Instrumentation Blog by BioTek Scientists (07/14/2009)
- BioTek Instruments Receives Supplier of Choice Award from Fisher Scientific (04/07/2009)
- BioTek Instruments Introduces New Web Site (02/24/2009)