Dionex Enters into Agreement with Caliper Life Sciences to Acquire Product Line for Water Sample Preparation
Dionex has entered into an agreement with Caliper Life Sciences, Inc., to purchase Caliper's AutoTrace® line of products, which had sales of $3.1 million in 2007. The AutoTrace SPE workstation automates the extraction of large volume aqueous samples prior to analysis. It is a globally established platform with approved methods and applications such as the US EPA 500 and 600 series for environmental testing of drinking water.
"Dionex is dedicated to water analysis and is the only separations science company to provide instrumentation, columns, and applications that are perfectly suited for determination of both inorganic and organic contaminants," says Dr. Lukas Braunschweiler, CEO and President of Dionex. "The addition of the AutoTrace product line is an important step in our strategy to focus on sample preparation in the water industry and to provide sensitive and robust IC and HPLC methods for environmental analysis. Together with our ASE® Accelerated Solvent Extraction technology, AutoTrace will enable us to better respond to our customers' needs in tracing minute amounts of contaminants in critical liquid samples."
Source: Dionex Corp.
More news from this company
- Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Dionex Corporation (12/14/2010)
- Dionex Application Improves Determination of Iodide and Iodate in Seawater and Other Saline Matrices (10/02/2009)
- Dionex Enters into Agreement with ESA Biosciences to Acquire the Assets of ESA Life Sciences Tools Business Unit (09/17/2009)
- Dionex Application Improves Determination of Sulfate and Sulfamate in Topiramate Using Ion Chromatography (09/15/2009)
- Dionex Customer Application Improves Resolution and Separation of Intact Proteins (06/03/2009)