Merck ships first products with GHS-compliant labelling
Merck KGaA began shipping the first products with GHS-compliant labelling and new safety data sheets to its customers in February. This puts Merck at the forefront in implementing the European GHS Regulation, which came into force in January. The Globally Harmonized System (GHS) is a new, global system of classification and labelling of chemicals.
"We have set ourselves the goal of reviewing our products and adapting them to the requirements of the GHS Regulation as soon as possible. In doing so, we are living up to our global responsibility toward our customers and employees in line with 'Responsible Care' principles", said Dr. Bernd Reckmann, Member of the Executive Board of Merck KGaA.
In the course of the year, Merck will continue the process of giving its products GHS labelling. Effective immediately, Merck will ship the newly labelled products together with a GHS insert sheet. These, as well as the new safety data sheets, are available on the Web.
Source: Merck KGaA
- Merck Secures All Antitrust Approvals for Sigma-Aldrich Acquisition (08/14/2015)
- Merck to Acquire Sigma-Aldrich (09/23/2014)
- Merck Acquires Cell Culture Media Specialist Biochrom AG (08/23/2012)
- Heinrich Emanuel Merck Award 2012 granted to Professor Aaron Wheeler (08/10/2012)
- Merck Millipore Strengthens Bioscience Business by acquiring Amnis Corporation (08/31/2011)