Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes B.R.A.H.M.S. Acquisition
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. announced that it has completed its previously announced acquisition of B.R.A.H.M.S. AG for €330 million (approximately $470 million USD). B.R.A.H.M.S. generated 2008 revenues of €75 million (approximately $105 million USD), and is expected to be accretive to adjusted earnings per share in 2010. Thermo Fisher will integrate B.R.A.H.M.S. into its Analytical Technologies Segment, and plans to use the firm's former headquarters in Hennigsdorf, Germany, as the European Center of Excellence for its clinical diagnostics business.
Best known today for its flagship test, Procalcitonin (PCT), B.R.A.H.M.S is a leading provider of specialty in-vitro diagnostic tests based on patented biomarkers for sepsis, cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, as well as intensive care treatments and prenatal screening.
Source: Thermo Fisher Scientific
More news from this company
- High-Pressure Ion Chromatography System Delivers New Levels of Simplicity and Flexibility (02/11/2016)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Life Technologies Corporation (02/06/2014)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Sells its Cell Culture, Gene Modulation and Magnetic Beads Businesses to GE Healthcare (01/08/2014)
- Patent for Multidimensional Chromatography Apparatus and Method for 2-D Ion Chromatography (05/08/2012)
- Dr. J. Sabine Becker Wins 2012 Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry (02/17/2012)