Thermo Fisher Scientific Expands Presence in China with New Technology Center in Shanghai
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. announced it has opened a Technology Center in Shanghai, building on its engineering and development capabilities to meet the specific needs of customers in China. The Center houses engineers and support staff focused on developing a robust product pipeline to serve China-based customers across a range of industries, in particular, life sciences, environmental monitoring and consumer product safety.
"Thermo Fisher is committed to serving its customers in China with products, services and support that meet the local demands of this important growth market," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The China Technology Center is another step in our ongoing investment to expand our operations there and leverage our depth of capabilities to develop and manufacture products in China for China."
The China Technology Center, along with a new demonstration center opening this month in Beijing, is part of Thermo Fisher's continuing strategy to align with the leading educational, industrial and commercial initiatives in the region. The company first entered the China market 30 years ago and began to establish an extensive manufacturing footprint shortly thereafter.
In 2005, Thermo Fisher accelerated its activities in China, opening a demonstration laboratory in Shanghai. It has since introduced a Chinese version of its industry-leading Fisher Scientific catalog and established the headquarters for its Environmental Instruments business in the country. In 2008, Thermo Fisher was recognized by China Enterprise News for its significant manufacturing presence in China, and shortly thereafter, was named by a national business publication one of the "Top 10 Fastest Growth Companies in China." The company further expanded its presence this year by beginning local manufacturing of laboratory products necessary to support the nation's growing life sciences industry.
Source: Thermo Fisher Scientific
- High-Pressure Ion Chromatography System Delivers New Levels of Simplicity and Flexibility (02/11/2016)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Life Technologies Corporation (02/06/2014)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Sells its Cell Culture, Gene Modulation and Magnetic Beads Businesses to GE Healthcare (01/08/2014)
- Patent for Multidimensional Chromatography Apparatus and Method for 2-D Ion Chromatography (05/08/2012)
- Dr. J. Sabine Becker Wins 2012 Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry (02/17/2012)