Thermo Fisher Scientific Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Lomb Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Lomb Scientific, a well-known provider of laboratory chemicals, consumables and instruments in Australia and New Zealand. Its customers include leading hospitals, universities, research and analytical laboratories in both countries, as well as a growing portion of Asia and the Middle East. Lomb has approximately 100 employees and had full year revenue of AUD $34 million in 2009.
"The addition of Lomb Scientific reinforces our commitment to expand in growing Asia Pacific markets," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "Through this acquisition, we would significantly strengthen our laboratory product offerings in the region, particularly chemicals used in life sciences, research and industrial applications. Lomb Scientific would also expand our customer base, increasing our depth of capabilities in health sciences, such as pathology, and building on our presence in strong industrial markets, such as mining."
Lomb Scientific produces a variety of laboratory chemicals and other consumables, and provides a comprehensive offering of instrumentation and services through its extensive commercial network. The business will be integrated into Thermo Fisher's Laboratory Products and Services and Analytical Technologies segments. Completion of the transaction is subject to applicable regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions.
Source: Thermo Fisher Scientific
More news from this company
- High-Pressure Ion Chromatography System Delivers New Levels of Simplicity and Flexibility (02/11/2016)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Life Technologies Corporation (02/06/2014)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Sells its Cell Culture, Gene Modulation and Magnetic Beads Businesses to GE Healthcare (01/08/2014)
- Patent for Multidimensional Chromatography Apparatus and Method for 2-D Ion Chromatography (05/08/2012)
- Dr. J. Sabine Becker Wins 2012 Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry (02/17/2012)