Agilent Technologies Announces Creation of New Business Unit in Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced the creation of a Materials Sciences Solutions Unit (MSSU) within its Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis business (LSCA). Michael C. Gasparian has been named vice president and general manager of the MSSU, which will focus on developing a microscopy and optical spectroscopy business that can be leveraged into the electronics, materials testing, life sciences and chemical analysis markets.
Agilent's Nanotechnology Measurement Division will be transferred to the new unit effective May 1, and the company's new nanotechnology products, including Atomic Force Microscopy, will be part of the MSSU as well.
Chris van Ingen, president of LSCA and Agilent senior vice president, said, "The creation of the MSSU underscores Agilent's commitment to grow in new markets. Because of our expertise in both the electronics and bioanalytical markets, we are in a unique position to leverage these capabilities to address emerging customer needs in this new market space."
Gasparian, 49, was most recently Agilent's vice president and general manager, customer and quality. Prior to that, his 27-year career at Agilent and Hewlett-Packard included positions in business development, manufacturing, sales, marketing and quality. Gasparian has also successfully led the start-up of several small operations within Agilent and HP, growing them into full divisions. He received a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Duke University and an MBA from the University of Colorado.
Source: Agilent Technologies
More news from this company
- Agilent Opens Spectroscopy Technology Innovation Center (09/04/2013)
- Agilent to Acquire Dako for $2.2 Billion (05/25/2012)
- Agilent Technologies Awards 2011 Russell Varian Prize for Innovation in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (10/04/2011)
- Agilent Technologies Acquires Lab901 to Expand Electrophoresis Portfolio for Molecular Biology Applications (03/08/2011)
- Agilent Opens Global Manufacturing Facility for Life Sciences Instruments (11/05/2010)